Thursday, July 1, 2010

Craigslist Atlanta Grill Green Egg

When a dream is about to become reality

confess: last night I really had difficulty getting to sleep, so much adrenaline that I was still circulating in and such was the excitement for an event that is still barely to believe that could be achieved.
Every time I close my eyes I was immediately reminded of a color: orange. So much orange. Color that has accompanied the whole day so many people. That color will accompany the heroes of "X You Run" until Saturday, July 3 when they come to the streets of Porto Azzurro for the conclusion of a race in some respects mad ..... But then the big companies have not been completed thanks to a touch of madness of the actors?
At the time of departure on the stage of garden bridges to Bagno a Ripoli were Mayor Luciano Bartolini, Leonardo Pieraccioni the well-known, the singer Aleandro Baldi, the legendary Catherine Bellandi (taxi Milan 25), the indefatigable journalist Nadia Bottoms .... but above all he was Don Andrea; Project "Sassi Turchini" ( http://www.sassiturchini.org/ ) is a dream and over the years has used all his strength and his energy to it be born, grow up ....
I still remember that night in August of about 10 years ago when Don went to Olena Andrea thrilled with the outcome of his trip to the Island of Elba had received the go ahead by the city of Porto Azzurro for the construction of a stable Elba house rental Group. And I remember very well how "twisted" the mouth and a lapidary "seems to me crazy" I tried to get him back down to earth. We had become non-profit association by a few years and I firmly believe that we were too "unhinged" in order to bring out one thing that I saw too big for us.
Years later Andrea thank Don for not having gone along, but rather to have gone forward in realizing his dream of asking for help to the four winds, never stopping in front of all the obstacles that occurred before and certainly will continue to arise.
The dream of Don Andrea was (and still is) so contagious that now has become the dream of hundreds and hundreds of volunteers, disabled, families, people more or less famous, and so on .... . And mine too!
Yesterday I was reminded about the jokes we did with Don Andrea Chiara paraphrasing one of his typical mode of expression: "Ciccio, the important is the 'donassi ....". Well, yesterday to "donassi" there are not only the wonderful volunteers of the AVG. Yesterday we opened a new chapter involving many more people. Now many are starting to realize that the wonderful thing AVG is building (and I'm not just talking about the village!).
back at the "Run X You" I think it should be mentioned that two people have made it possible: Michele Innocenti and Nadia Bottoms.
Michele Innocenti, the mind (as well as the leg!) Of this race with a smile on the lips I still call "crazy." It is crazy, why think of more than 180 miles on foot without any medals or reward in money alla fine, vista la società contemporanea, mi sembra solo e soltanto follia!
A causa di un problemino fisico non ho potuto partecipare alla corsa, ma ho voluto comunque seguire la carovana in scooter per rendermi utile in qualche modo e così mi sono inventato “portatore d'acqua” nel vero senso della parola. In pieno stile Giro d'Italia mi affiancavo ai corridori porgendo bottigliette d'acqua e anche cercando di elargire sorrisi e incitamenti. Ho perso il conto di quante volte Michele e il resto del gruppo mi hanno detto (e talvolta sussurrato) “grazie” “sei mitico” “sei grande”..... Loro ringraziavano me!!!
E Nadia Fondelli. Conosco da poco tempo Nadia, ma ho capito subito di that this is an extraordinary person. First of all: a person who always (and I stress always!) Speaks to you with a smile on the lips. Always willing to talk. And above all capable of putting an enviable passion in everything he does!
Michael, Nadia: Thank you!
A last but not least, thoughts turn to the beautiful girls of the AVG: Sofia, Costanza, Heather, Irene, Alice, Silvia, Claudia, and I apologize if I forgot some names. In recent weeks I have had the opportunity to work closely with many of them and if ever proof were needed I could see what kind of people are wonderful: when the "power" is a woman like this .... Well: WELL-BEING!
Force "X You Run"!
Force AVG!

0 comments:

Post a Comment